- 300g almond meal
- 1 tbs. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder (gluten free)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 2 tbs. raw honey
- 1 tsp. 100% vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius.
- In a large bowl mix the almond meal, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, baking powder. Leave this for now.
- In a food processor (we use our Vitamix), whiz the coconut oil, raw honey, vanilla extract + egg until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the food processor + whiz to form a dough (the mixture will be quite moist).
- Take out the mixture + knead a little to form a ball.
- Place the mixture between 2 pieces of baking paper + roll out to 3mm thick.
- Place this into the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Once refrigerated, cookie-cut into desired shapes (like gingerbread men, stars + chrissy trees!) + place carefully onto a lined baking tray (you will need 2 trays).
- Place into the peheated oven + bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool + enjoy!
Spices can be adjusted to suit taste