- 3 cups rolled gluten free oats
- 1 cup buckwheat
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1 cup hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut/rapadura sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup coconut/grapeseed oil
- 1 tsp vanilla powder/paste
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
1. Preheat the oven to 180C
2. In a large bowl combine the oats, buckwheat, coconut flakes, hazelnuts, seeds, sea salt, vanilla powder and coconut sugar and stir to combine.
3. Melt the coconut oil in a small saucepan over medium to low heat, then add the honey and cacao powder. Whisk until smooth.
4. Pour the liquid over the dry ingredients and mix until evenly coated.
5. Line a baking sheet with wax-proof paper then turn the mixture out and press evenly and firmly into the baking sheet using the back of a spoon until it is compact.
6. Bake for 18 minutes then remove from the oven and using a spatula, flip the granola. Return to the oven and bake for a further 12 minutes, stirring every 3 minutes until the granola is toasted, then remove from the oven and allow to cool.
7. Store in an airtight container.