- 1 chicken breast
- 1 onion
- 1 large potato
- 2 carrots
- 2–3 celery stems and leaves
- 1 can organic tomatoes (crushed or chopped)
- 1 litre organic chicken stock
- 1 cup organic quinoa, rinsed
- 1/2 – 1 lemon, juiced
- Chop the onion, potato, carrots and celery into small to medium pieces and add to a large stockpot.
- Slice the chicken into small pieces and add to the stockpot.
- Add the tin tomatoes to the stockpot.
- Add the chicken stock to the stockpot.
- Then fill the remainder of the stockpot with water, so it is covering the ingredients.
- Place stockpot on the stove at a high temperature with the lid on and bring to the boil, then simmer, covered for a minimum of one hour.
- Add the quinoa and bring to the boil again, then simmer, covered for 15 minutes or until the quinoa is cooked.
- Add the lemon juice and serve.
I recommend adding the juice of 1/2 a lemon and checking the taste, before the adding the rest of the lemon.