- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 chicken breasts, thinly slice
- 4 rashers bacon, rind removed and sliced into thin strips
- 4 slices (1.5 - 2cm thickness) Quinoa and Chia Seed Bread, sliced into squares
- 1 tablespoon organic butter
- 4 poached eggs (check out my favourite method HERE)
- 1 cos lettuce, washed
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 - 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Heat coconut oil in large fry pan on medium heat, add the chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes each side until cooked through. Remove from the pan and cover with foil on a plate.
- Add bacon to the fry pan and cook until until slightly crispy. Remove from the fry pan and cover with foil on a plate.
- Add the butter and bread and cook until the bread starts to crisp up. Remove from fry pan.
- To make the dressing, add the anchovy fillets, egg yolks, minced garlic and Dijon mustard to a blender and blend for approximately 30 seconds, making sure that the anchovy fillets are processed. Then slowly add the olive oil and continue to blend until the dressing is well combined and creamy. Then add the lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste, mix until well combined.
- To serve, divide the chicken, bacon, bread and cos lettuce among four bowls. Then, add the poached egg and top with the dressing.