This caramel chia pudding tastes amazing and it is gluten, dairy and refined sugar free as well as vegan friendly.
So I decided to create a new chia pudding recipe that involves caramel.
I have also included the thermomix version below.
- ½ cup chia seeds
- 2 cups almond milk (or your preferred milk)
- 140 grams macadamias
- 90 grams pure maple syrup
- 60 grams water
- 4 dates, pits removed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place the chia seeds in a small bowl. Add the almond milk and mix really well. Cover and place in the refrigerator to thicken, approximately 3 hours.
- Once the chia pudding mixture has thickened, process the the macadamias, maple syrup, water, dates and vanilla extract in your mixing bowl for 20 seconds on speed 7. Then add the chia mixture and stir for 10 seconds on speed 0.5 (reverse).
The cook time does not include the time it takes for the chia seed mixture to thicken in the refrigerator, approximately 3 hours.