- 2 cups pecans (walnuts also work)
- 1 + 1/2 cups medjool dates (or soft organic dates)
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste (or extract)
- Pinch of sea salt
Triple Berry Layer
- 1 + 1/2 cups raw macadamias (or cashews), soaked for a minimum 4 hours
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, washed and tops removed
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries, washed
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries, washed
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (canned variety preferably)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste or extract
- To make the chocolate layer, process the pecans in a food processor until they resemble fine crumbs. Next, add the cacao powder, vanilla and sea salt and process until well combined. Then, add the dates and process until a sticky dough is formed. Spoon mixture into a lined square baking tin and smooth with the back of a spoon
- For the triple berry layer, place all the ingredients in a food processor and process until the mixture is smooth. Pour over the chocolate layer and place in the freezer for a minimum two hours to set.
- Remove 5 minutes prior to serving to allow it to thaw a little.
- Keep stored in the freezer
- The cook time does not include the time it takes for the slice to firm up in the freezer, approximately 2 hours.