This is the tastiest ever gluten free chocolate banana bread!!! It is also dairy and refined sugar free. It is super easy to make and you wouldn’t even guess it was gluten free.
- 4 medium ripe bananas
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 drops cinnamon essential oil or 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (vegan/dairy free)
- Heat oven to 180C or 160 degrees fan forced.
- Lightly grease a loaf pan and line with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the bananas, eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract and cinnamon essential oil (if using).
- Then add the almond meal, raw cacao powder, baking powder and cinnamon powder (if using) to the wet ingredients, mixing until well combine.
- Finally, add the chocolate chips and fold through the mixture.
- Pour or spoon the mixture into the loaf pan and bake for approximately 60 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Let cool in the loaf pan for 30 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool for a further 30 minutes.