- 1 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder, sifted
- 1 tablespoon gluten free baking powder
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup coconut milk (canned)
- 1/2 cup rice malt syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Chocolate Icing (x2 if you want even more chocolatey goodness)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1–2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon Rice malt syrup
- Pre-heat oven to 180C/355F.
- Combine coconut flour, cacao powder and baking powder to a medium mixing bowl. In another medium bowl whisk together the eggs, coconut milk, rice malt syrup, vanilla extract and coconut oil. Combine the wet ingredients with dry ingredients, mixing thoroughly until well combined. Spoon mixture into lined muffin trays, place in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile to make the chocolate icing, add the avocado, cacao and rice malt syrup to a food processor and process until completely smooth. Spread the icing over the muffins (once they have cooled) and serve.
You may want to place the chocolate icing in the refrigerator to firm up a bit before icing the muffins