I have been wanting to create a Roast Beetroot, Onion + Macadamia Dip for quite some time now.
I am a fan of having crackers and dip (with a glass of white wine) on a Friday or Saturday afternoon (sometimes both), but am sick of finding dips that are packed full of preservatives and additives.
So, it was time to create my own. I already have a Guacamole which is yummy!
- 3 – 4 beetroots (approximately 450 – 500 grams)
- 1 onion, peeled and roughly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 cup macadamias
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1–2 toothpicks of cumin essential oils (or 1 teaspoon dried cumin)
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Place beetroots on baking tray and cover with foil. Cook for 40 minutes. Next, add the onion and garlic to the baking tray, cover with the foil and cook for a further 10 minutes. Finally, add the macadamias to the baking tray , cover with the foil and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Remove the baking tray from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Peel the skin off the beetroots (you may want to wear latex gloves for this part) and add to a food processor (or a blender or thermomix) with the onion, garlic, macadamias, lemon juice, tahini, cumin and sea salt and process until your reach your desired consistency.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve with your favourite crackers.