- 200 grams raw hazelnuts
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 8 tablespoons coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons organic maple syrup (or rice malt syrup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cacao powder (for coating)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Once the oven has heated, place the hazelnuts in a single layer on the baking tray and bake for about 5 to 8 minutes until the skins have darkened and are easy to remove. Rub the hazelnuts between your hands or in a tea towel to remove as much of the skins as possible. Don’t stress if you cant get all the skin off.
- Place the hazelnuts into a high-speed blender and process until they form a smooth paste. Add in all of the other ingredients and process until combined and smooth. Place the mixture in a bowl and place in the freezer to firm up, approximately 1 hour.
- Remove from the freezer and roll into small balls and then coat in the cacao powder. Place back in the freezer until ready to eat.
- Store in an airtight container in the freezer and remove 5 minutes before eating.
- The cook time does not include the time it takes for the truffles to set in the freezer.