Inspired by the popular chocolate bar but SO MUCH HEALTHIER and really tasty too! Includes a nut free base option
Base (see below for nut free base ingredients)
- 1 cup of macadamias
- 1/3 cup of cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of organic maple syrup
- 2 cups of desiccated (or shredded) coconut
- 1 cup of de-stoned cherries, (fresh or frozen both work)
- 10 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup of coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of cacao butter (or melted coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup of cacao powder
- 1/4 cup of organic maple syrup
Nut free base alternative ingredients
- 13 medjool dates, pitted
- 2 cups shredded organic coconut
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- To make the base; place all base ingredients in a food processor and process until well mixed and the macadamias are crushed. Firmly press with the back of a spoon into a lined tin and place in the freezer.
- To make the center; place all of the centre ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth. Spoon the mixture onto the base. Place back into freezer and let set for at least 30 minutes.
- To make the chocolate topping, melt the cacao butter in a double boiler on low heat (I highly recommend shaving or chopping the cacao butter into smaller portions before adding to the double boiler). Add the organic maple syrup to the double boiler and whisk until combined. Whisk in the cacao powder. When well combined pour over the centre.
- Put back into the freezer and let it set completely (around 1 hour). Remove from the tin, slice straight away and store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer (I recommend the freezer as it keeps the slice really firm).
The cook time does not include the time it takes for the raw cherry ripe slice to freeze