I am happy to introduce my Raw After Dinner Mints!
These Raw After Dinner Mints are great for those of us who love the flavour combination of peppermint and chocolate, either as the finishing touch to a meal, or as a stand-alone treat. Or sometimes both!
Whilst I do prefer to use macadamias for the filling, you can use cashews as a substitute. I do recommend double dipping the chocolate coating if you have the time. As you will see, they are refined sugar, dairy and gluten free.
I hope you enjoy them as much as my family do!
- 1 and 1/2 cups raw macadamias (you could also use cashews), soaked for a minimum 2 hours
- 1/2 cup of desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup of organic maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of natural peppermint extract
- Pinch of sea salt
Chocolate Coating ( x2 if you want to double coat the mints)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoons organic maple syrup (raw or organic honey would also work)
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- Add cashews and desiccated coconut to a high speed blender or food processor and blend until nice and smooth. Add the maple syrup, peppermint and sea salt to the mixture, blend until creamy.
- Add the mixture to a lined baking pan, smoothing over with a spatula or back of a spoon. Place into the freezer until frozen, approximately 60 minutes.
- To make the chocolate coating, melt the coconut oil in saucepan on low heat. Once melted, add the maple syrup (or honey), whisking until well combined. Then add the cacao powder, stirring well until well mixed through.
- Take the mint out of the freezer and cut into squares or rectangles. Then dip each piece into the chocolate sauce and place on a wire rack on top of lined baking tray (make sure the tray fits in your freezer).
- Freeze until the chocolate has hardened (approximately 30 – 60 minutes).
- Optional – dip the pieces again, so that they are double coated in the chocolate coating.