- 2.5 cups of almond meal
- 1 large zucchini, grated
- 1 cup of mixed seeds (I used pepitas, hemp, and sunflower)
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven
- Place the seeds in a small bowl and cover with hot water, allow to sit & soak. This gives them lovely popping texture when they’re baked.
- Combine almond meal, coconut sugar, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl
- Using your hands, squeeze as much excess water out of the zucchini as you can, before adding to the bowl.
- Finally, add in the eggs, and coconut oil, stirring well to combine.
- Grease a loose-base baking pan. Quiche tins are ideal – that way the slice can just pop out!
- Press the slice mixture into the pan with the back of a spoon
- Drain the water from the seeds and sprinkle over the slice, pressing gently into the mixture to fix in place.
- Bake in the oven at 170 degrees for 15 mins.
- Allow to cool slightly before transferring to the fridge to cool completely, before slicing.