One of my favourite recipes is this one from my website. It’s always a hit with guests and perfect when you need to ‘take a plate’ … the only issue is stopping after only on piece!
- 1 cup raw almonds (170g)
- 2 tblspns cacao (10g)
- 1 tblspn chia seeds (5g)
- 10 medjool dates – seeds removed (140g)
- 1 tspn coconut oil – solid (5g)
- pinch salt
- 1/2 ‘heaped’ cup peanut butter (200g)
- 4 tblspns maple syrup (70g)
- 5 medjool dates – seeds removed (70g)
- 2 tspns coconut oil – solid (10g)
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup macadamias roughly chopped
- 1/4‐ 1/2 tspn salt
- Line a small meatloaf tin with baking paper and set aside.
- In a food processor place all the ingredients for the base and combine on a high speed until completely mixed and almost paste like. (THERMOMIX: Speed 7 – 40 seconds)
- Put the mixture into the lined tin and push down firmly and evenly to form the base of the slice. Place in the freezer whist you do the next step.
- Place all the ingredients into the food processor for the ‘nut caramel’ and combine on high until completely mixed. (THERMOMIX: Speed 7 – 40 seconds)
- Pour the ‘nut caramel’ mixture over the prepared base and smooth out to make an even layer. Sprinkle with chopped macadamias and then the salt. Push the macadamias into the caramel slightly.
- Place in the freezer for 2 hours before cutting into squares. Store in an airtight container in the freezer.
- You can swap peanut butter for your choice of nut butter – ALSO – use a GOOD quality salt, not table salt!
- Cook time does not include the time it takes for the Nutty & Salty Caramel Squares to freeze — approximately 2 hours, depending on the temperature of your freezer.