I am always looking for new smoothie flavour combinations to make as I often make smoothies for breakfast. I came across the original recipe from Amy Crawford’s (AKA The Holistic Ingredient) ebook ‘A nourishing kitchen’. I highly recommend her cookbook and also her latest one called ‘A Nourishing Breakfast’.
This carrot cake smoothie is so tasty and really does taste like carrot cake, except that it is much healthier. I have adapted Amy’s recipe slightly and have used maca powder instead of ground flaxseed.
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 small carrot, chopped roughly
- 1/4 cup greek/natural yoghurt or coconut yoghurt for dairy free
- 1/2 banana
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon maca powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg powder
- Grated carrot
- Add ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass, add toppings and enjoy