- 1 kilogram grass fed beef mince
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 – 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 large zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can organic crushed tomatos
- 1 tablespoons organic tomato paste
- 1 x Spice mix (see below for options)
- Sea salt and pepper, to season
Herb & Spice Mix
- Nachos/burritos/tacos – 1 tablespoon paprika, 1 tablespoon cumin and 1 -2 teaspoons chili flakes
- Bolognese/lasagne – 2 tablespoons dried oregano and/or basil
- Shepherds/cottage pie – 1 tablespoon dried thyme, 1 tablespoon fresh or dried rosemary
- Savoury mince dishes – 1 tablespoon paprika, 1 tablespoon dried oregano, 1-2 teaspoon chili flakes
- Add coconut oil to a large sauce pan on medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until soft, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add carrot, celery & zucchini and cook for 5 minutes., next add the mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes, until they soften.
- Then add the mince and crumble with a fork or wooden spoon until there are no clumps remaining. Stir through your chosen herb & spice mix and cook until the mince has browned approximately 10 minutes.
- Finally, add the canned tomato and tomato paste and cook on low for 10 – 30 minutes (depending on how much time you have, the longer you cook it the more the mince will absorb the flavours).
- Then it is ready to eat as is, or ready to add to another recipe.