- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons coconut vinegar (balsamic or apple cider style)
- 2 medium mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 rashers good quality bacon
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 teaspoon parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon olive (or coconut) oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon oil in a medium fry pan over low heat. Add the onions, a pinch of sea sat and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. At this point the onions should have softened, so then add the coconut vinegar and cook for a further 10 minutes. When you get to the last 5 minutes, add the tomato and mushroom.
- While the onions are cooking, heat another medium fry pan on medium heat and cook the bacon until crispy. Remove from the fry pan and cover with foil. Then using the same fry pan, add 1/2 tablespoon oil and the whisked egg mixture. Cook for 3 – 4 minutes, making sure that you push the egg mixture from one side of the pan to the other (in different directions), every 20-30 seconds. This will ensure that the eggs do not form an omelet instead. Once the eggs are cooked, remove from the pan.
- To serve, add the eggs, bacon, onion, tomato, mushrooms and baby spinach to a plate. Sprinkle with the parsley and season with salt and pepper.