Baked garlic butter sweet potato fries. These fries are so easy to make and they make a great side to so many meals or they are just as awesome on their own.
These Baked Garlic Butter Sweet Potato Fries have been on the menu at the Becomingness household for many months now and I have been meaning to photograph them to share with you.
Actually to be honest, I have photographed them a few times, but was not happy with how they photographed. This time, I am happy with how they look, so I am finally able to share my recipe with you.
They are also great on their own or to form the basis of my loaded sweet potato fries recipe.
Originally, I used to make these oven baked fries with a bit of sea salt and some olive or coconut oil.
But around six months ago, I tried them with the a garlic butter and haven’t gone back to my original recipe since. They are a hit with my family and also my friends.
PIN FOR LATER
- 1 medium sweet potato (approximately 500 grams), washed
- 2 tablespoons organic butter plus extra for greasing. melted
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees Celcius and lightly grease a baking tray or sheet.
- Slice sweet potatoes into fries and place them in a bowl. Add melted butter, garlic powder, sea salt and pepper in a small bowl and mix well. Pour over the fries, mixing well to combine.
- Place the fries in a single layer on the baking tray (or sheet) and place in the oven and cook for 25-30 minutes or until crispy, turning over at the 15 minute mark.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
If your fries don’t crisp up after the 30 minute mark, try cooking them a bit longer or even placing them under the grill for a few minutes.