My love for chia puddings is well documented!
It first started back in June last year (2014) when I first made and shared my Vanilla Chia Breakfast Pudding.
I had only recently heard of chia seeds and had so far added them to my smoothies or sprinkled them over food. I was really intrigued and keen to try a chia pudding for breakfast.
I happened to have raspberries and vanilla on hand, so that’s what happened. It was a success and I ended up sharing the recipe on the blog.
For today’s flavour combination, I bring your Apple & Walnut Breakfast Pudding.
This is a classic flavour combination, and having it as a chia pudding certainly does not disappoint.
I am pretty sure you are going to love it as much as I do.
The reason I love chia puddings so much (apart from them tasting amazing), is that they are super easy to prepare.
You simply mix up the chia seeds, your preferred milk and sweetener in a small bowl and leave in the refrigerator to gel overnight.
The next morning you remove from the refrigerator and add your topping and enjoy. It is as easy as that.
I hope you enjoy my latest breakfast creation.
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup almond milk (or your preferred milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoons raw honey/maple syrup (Omit for Keto)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 medium (or large) apple, peeled and grated
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- Place the chia seeds in a small bowl or glass. Add the almond milk, honey, vanilla extract and cinnamon and mix well. Cover and place in the refrigerator to set overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator, check that the chia seeds have gelled and top with the apple and walnuts.
The cook time does not include the time it takes for the chia pudding to set in the refrigerator.