This Gluten Free Banana Cake is seriously the best! Simple to make, easy to find ingredients, but most of all, it is the most flavoursome, moist banana cake ever. You will not be disappointed!
Banana Cake is one of the best cakes! But finding one or making one that is moist and still packed full of flavour can be difficult.
Many gluten free cakes that I have tried over the years have been dry or have had a cardboard like consistency or have not had much flavour at all.
After lots of testing, I have created an awesome tasting banana cake that is gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free. Plus it does not involve any super expensive or hard to find ingredients... and it freezes well!
Table of Contents
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- It is delicious, tasty and freakin awesome!
- You can pick up the ingredients at any supermarket as well as any health food shops or markets.
- It is a really easy recipe to follow.
- It freezes really well, so you can bake a few and keep stored in your freezer.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED
- Bananas - the riper the better
- Eggs - make sure you use room temperature eggs
- Coconut oil
- Almond milk
- Maple syrup or organic/raw honey
- Vanilla extract
- Almond flour or almond meal
- Ground cinnamon (or cinnamon essential oil)
- Gluten free baking powder
HOW TO MAKE
STEP 1. Pre-heat oven and prepare the baking tin. If you have a silicone tin great, if not you will need to lightly grease and line the tin with baking paper.
STEP 2. Add the wet ingredients (banana, eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup, almond milk and vanilla extract) to a large mixing bowl and mix well to combine.
STEP 3. Add dry ingredients (almond flour, baking powder, cinnamon) to the bowl with the wet ingredients, mixing well to combine.
STEP 4. Pour the batter into the cake tin and bake in the oven for 45 minutes
STEP 5. When cooked, allow to cool for 10 minutes in the cake tin before placing it on a wire rack to cool further.
The biggest tip is to use over-ripe bananas. Spotty bananas or brown almost black bananas are perfect. If you only have all yellow bananas then I suggest you wait a few days until they brown up as they will not taste as good.
For best results, make sure the eggs have been kept at room temperature before using and are not cold. This will help the cake to rise when cooking.
You can store in your fridge for 4-5 days or in your freezer for up to 3 months when stored correctly.
Looking for other banana recipes? Try these:
Lastly, I would love to hear from you if you make this recipe. You can either leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! If you do make this recipe, please tag me on Instagram! It really makes my day when I see your creations of my recipes.
Gluten Free Banana Cake
- 10.6 oz bananas 3 medium sized, mashed
- 6 oz eggs 3 large eggs, weight out of shell
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or organic/raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour or almond meal
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder gluten free preferably
- Prepare oven and cake pan. Pre-heat oven to 180C/355F and lightly grease round spring form or cake pan (20cm and line with baking paper or use a silicone baking pan
- Prepare Wet Ingredients. In a large bowl, combine the bananas, eggs, coconut oil, almond milk, maple syrup and vanilla extract
- Add Dry Ingredients.Then add the almond meal, baking powder and cinnamon powder to the wet ingredients, mixing until well combined.
- Bake Cake. Pour batter in cake pan and bake for approximately 45 minutes
- Allow to Cool. Remove from the oven and check with a toothpick to ensure cooked through (it should come out dry) and allow to cool for 10 mins then place on wire rack to cool further.
- Make sure the eggs have been kept at room temperature before using and are not cold.
- You can store the banana cake in your fridge for 4-5 days or in your freezer for up to 3 months when stored correctly.