This Beetroot & Carrot Salad with Moroccan Dressing is packed full of healthy and delicious ingredients, which you can enjoy as a stand alone meal or serve it to your guests at your next dinner party.
- 3 dried apricots, chopped finely
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp orange or mandarin juice
- 2 large carrots, peeled and grated
- 3 medium beetroot, peeled and grated
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 3 tbsp chopped green onion/scallions
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin powder
- ½ tsp ground coriander seed powder
- ¼ tsp ground paprika powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander/cilantro
- 3 tbsp toasted chopped hazelnuts or almonds
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Extra coriander and chopped onion for garnish
- Place the chopped apricots in a large mixing bowl and pour over the lemon and orange juice.
- Add the carrots and beetroot and sprinkle with garlic, spices, salt, nuts and coriander.
- Drizzle over with olive oil.
- Combine well until all ingredients are mixed through.
- Serve with extra coriander, green onion and nuts over top.