Apple Cinnamon Mug Cake. If you are looking for a super quick healthy dessert recipe to make, then you can't go passed this gluten free mug cake. It only take 5 minutes to make.
They literally take 5 minutes to make. I have made quite a few mug cake recipes in the last few years and today I am sharing my Apple + Cinnamon Mug Cake recipe with you.
I decided to make it with banana flour as a different alternative to almond meal or coconut flour and I have to admit that the banana flour works quite well in a mug cake.
You can purchase a great quality banana flour from Natural Evolution Foods.
More mug cakes for you to try:
- 4 tablespoons banana flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons your preferred milk (I use macadamia milk)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 small apple, grated (approximately ½ cup)
- Add the banana flour and baking powder to a large mug or ramekin and mix. Next, add the coconut oil, pure maple syrup, macadamia milk, egg and vanilla extract, mixing well to combine with the dry ingredients. Finally, fold through the grated apple.
- Microwave for 2-3 minutes or until cooked through (the mug cake should be soft and springy to touch).
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 638Total Fat: 41gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 188mgSodium: 337mgCarbohydrates: 64gFiber: 9gSugar: 41gProtein: 11g